At Coral Beach Farms we take food and worker safety seriously. Likewise, our stewardship of the land is very important both personally to ourselves, and to society at large. To verify our professional standards, our operations are third party audited to receive accreditation under both the GlobalGAP and Tesco's Nurture standards. The audits encompass all aspects of our operation and verify our compliance with a strict code.
We are the first cherry orchard in Canada to receive accreditation to the world leading standards of the Tesco's Nurture standard. Nurture (formerly Tesco Nature's Choice) was launched in 1992, to ensure Tesco delivers world class quality fruit and vegetables for its customers. It is an exclusive, independently accredited, quality standard that assures that Tesco fruit and vegetables are grown in an environmental and responsible way. We are independently audited and monitored regularly to ensure we continue to meet the exacting standard.
Nurture covers all aspects of farming practice, promoting the best agricultural practice in the industry. We pride ourselves on our forward thinking and the long term approach of Nurture. By following the Nurture standard Coral Beach Farms:
- Ensures we can trace all our products back to source.
- Grows the highest quality fruit available.
- Demonstrates a commitment to protecting wildlife and landscape conservation.
- Uses sustainable farming practices, such as use of energy, natural resources and recycling.
- Rationally uses artificial pesticides, fertilisers and manures – plus promotes the use of natural methods, such as beneficial insect programs.
- Ensures all our staff are treated in an responsible manner.
The GLOBALG.A.P standard is designed to reassure consumers about how food is produced on the farm by minimising detrimental environmental impacts of farming operations, reducing the use of chemical inputs and ensuring a responsible approach to worker health and safety as well as animal welfare.
GLOBALG.A.P serves as a practical manual for Good Agricultural Practice (G.A.P.) anywhere in the world. The basis is an equal partnership of agricultural producers and retailers who wish to establish efficient certification standards and procedures.
Best practices in the following areas is ensured with GlobalGAP accreditation:
- Food safety and traceability
- Worker safety and welfare
- Land Stewardship
- Environmental responsibility
- Cleanliness protocols
- Record keeping
For 7 years we have successfully accredited to the international GlobalGAP standard.
Ask a Question!
Need more info? Send your question to us: